Dying Into Life
December 1-2, 2012
December 1-2, 2012
Death and loss are universal experiences, which we all experience in our lives. With this training, we can help others in their own transformative journey and prepare ourselves to view and respond to these tragedies with more grace and inner serenity.
The experience of death and loss are never convenient, and everyone responds to them differently. For some, death is an ending, a tragedy, a wall of sorts; for others, it is a beginning, a door or an opportunity for tremendous personal growth and transformation. With training, we can help others in their own transformative journey and prepare ourselves to view and respond to these tragedies with more grace and inner serenity.
This workshop/training is based on an ancient Eastern spiritual orientation of death and loss, conducive to any religious or non-religious tradition. We will explore how life and death are experienced each moment of our lives. Your experience will include some simple relaxing and energizing chair exercises (can be done on the floor as well), mindful meditation (including the use of breath, sound, the gong, and hand positions), instructor-based lectures, whole and small group discussions, and expressions through art mediums. We will actually practice the process of dying, using ancient and safe meditations and visualization.
Who should attend this powerful and transformative workshop/training?
- Social workers, nurses*, and Counselors, working with death, grief and loss issues
- Healers of all disciplines
- Hospice Volunteers
- Yoga Teachers
- Anyone who might help someone else die, i.e. family member, friend
- Anyone who wants to die with grace and peace
What you will receive from this workshop/training.
- You will receive tools to help yourself, clients, students, friends, and family members faced with death/loss issues.
- You will understand what your role realistically and effectively can be in such situations.
- The typical mystery and mystic around death will be changed.
- We will explore concepts like, reincarnation, karma vs. dharma, liberation while alive, angels, and suicide.
- You will understand and experience death in a different, expanded way, based on Eastern Traditions.
- We will explore the 5 ethers experienced at the time of death and crossing the earth’s magnetic field.
- An expanded version of the stages of death and loss, to include “spirits merging” will be presented and explored.
Special Yogic Philosophy and Technology Presentation and Experience
On Sunday afternoon, Dr. Jivan-Joti will include an additional session to include ancient yogic teachings from the Yoga Master Yogi Bhajan. You will learn how the Eight Chakras and the Ten Bodies are affected at the time of death. You will learn how to use your prana (Divine Energy), effectively directing the soul up the Chakras and out the top Tenth Gate at the time of death. You will learn Pran Sutras (Sanskrit based mantras) to help guide the soul to liberation. To conclude, you will combine all of this knowledge to have a life-transforming death experience. You won’t want to miss this opportunity.
The book, “Dying Into Life” is included in the cost of the course.
Mat for the floor, if you want to do exercises on the floor and pillow for meditation. Wear comfortable clothes. An open heart.
Saturday December 1 – 8:00am-5:30pm
Sunday December 2 – 8:00am-5:30pm
14.5 CEUs for Counselors and Social Workers
14.5 CNEs for Nurses
Cost: by November 1 – $275 – after $295.
$200 Students - Special Discounts available upon Presenter’s approval.
$25 for CEU/CNE certificate
Snacks and lunch are included. A copy of the book Dying Into Life is included in the course fee.